Friday, February 8, 2008

The Blessings of the Moment

I have trouble believing it's February already! Last summer and fall ran right into Christmas and now the depths of winter. I spent a week in Mexico visiting our daughter last month, and came back to 4-degree weather here, so there's no question that we're well into winter. At least it's given me a little bit of time to slow down and think. I don't know all that God's up to (do we ever?), but I continue to believe He's definitely up to something special.

He has blessed us in so very many ways. Truth be told, He's blessed us in lots of other ways, too, but we don't always recognize them. Do we still receive the blessing, then, or do we miss out on part or all of it because we fail to recognize and acknowledge the true source of it? Too often I've missed the blessing of the moment while waiting on some expected or desired "blessing" that only materialized much later (if ever).

Lord, help me to live fully in the moment (not worrying about tomorrow) and to trust You for what is to come. At the same time, help me to be faithful in carrying-out the responsibilites of caring and providing for my family that You've entrusted to me.

No comments: